2 Quick DIY Treatments for Bouncy, Shiny Hair – All From Your Kitchen!
If you’re anything like me, you know that a new hairstyle can really make you feel polished.
But every time you blow-dry, curl, or straighten your hair, the heat damages it a little more.
Making it look limp, dull, and lifeless — all of which can make you look years older than you actually are.
That’s why it’s essential to keep those tresses hydrated and nourished — the same way you would with your skin!
So, to combat that damage, I’ve found the perfect two-step technique to keep your hair looking shiny and smooth.
The best part? You can make everything at home with ingredients you already have in your kitchen!
1. Hair Nourishing “Hydration Renewal Mask”
This blend of natural hydrators will really boost the smoothness and shine of every strand.
You will need:
½ a ripe avocado
¼ cup coconut oil
8-10 drops rosemary essential oil
1. Mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined.
2. Apply the mask to wet or dry hair (whichever you prefer) and let sit for 20 minutes.
3. Rinse using cold water, and then shampoo as usual.
This nourishing blend of natural hydrators all help to boost moisture. And the omega-3 fatty acids in the egg and avocado help promote strong, healthy hair.
Plus, the rosemary oil has stimulating ingredients in it to “wake up” those hair follicles and make your hair look fuller and thicker.
2. Buildup Cleansing “Hair-Refreshing Rinse”
This all-natural hair rinse can help remove extra product build-up in your hair and help give it a lightweight, bouncy feel.
You will need:
2 tbsp. whole cloves
1 cup water
1. Bring the water to a boil. Add the cloves and let them simmer for about 5 minutes.
2. Remove your pan from the heat and allow the water and clove mixture to cool completely.
3. Let the ingredients rest overnight so they combine completely.
4. Strain to remove the cloves, and pour your mixture into an airtight container.
To use your rinse, simply shampoo like you normally would and then apply this rinse to your wet hair. No need to wash it out!
The cloves are a natural way to wake up your hair and help give it that “va va voom” look it may be missing.
I recommend alternating between the mask and the rinse every other week to keep your hair looking its best. And the next time your hair is looking lackluster, give these helpers a try to reveal healthy, gorgeous-looking locks.
You deserve it!