This DIY Shampoo Feels Like a Tropical Vacation For Your Hair
I don’t know about you, but I was born with super thin hair, and it has always bothered me.
I remember watching all the red carpet shows on TV, admiring the celebrities with thick, luscious hair, and I was so jealous!
I always wanted to have hair like Eva Longoria or Meryl Streep. But every time I tried to style my hair like theirs, it fell flat within a couple of hours.
My hair was always lank, limp, and lifeless.
That is, until I tried this.
My DIY “Sea Salt Thickening Shampoo”
Here’s what you need:
3-7 tbsp coarse sea salt
½ cup of your favorite shampoo
1 ½ tsp lemon or lime juice
1 tbsp. Coconut oil (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
1. Melt down your coconut oil.
2. Add your lemon or lime juice.
3. Add the sea salt — the amount will vary depending on how thick the consistency of your shampoo is. The salt will absorb some of the moisture, so start with a little bit of salt and add more as needed.
4. Combine with shampoo.
5. Let the mixture sit overnight.
6. The next morning, check the consistency of your shampoo. You want it to be pretty similar to your regular shampoo. You can add more salt or shampoo as needed.
The salt in this recipe amps up the volume of your hair, while the lemon juice adds a clarifying element.
Plus, lemon helps fight dandruff, and the vitamin C in it will help your hair grow longer and stronger. It can also help strengthen hair follicles to prevent hair fall.
The coconut oil contains lauric acid, which helps prevent protein loss in your hair. In turn, this helps your hair become thicker, healthier, and more voluminous.
Plus, since it’s such a moisturizing ingredient, it will prevent the salt from drying out your hair.
Use this shampoo once a week to see thicker-looking, more luxurious hair. And the best part is, with the addition of the coconut oil in this recipe, there’s no need to use conditioner!
So you’ll save time and add volume to your hair — all in one step!