Can Beer Make You Look Younger? (DIY)
Did you know beer can help you look younger?
No, I’m not talking about DRINKING beer… in fact, all that does is cause dryness and inflammation in your skin.
But applying it directly to your skin can actually make it softer, smoother, and more supple.
And today, I’ve got a DIY tip that will help you use beer to get younger looking skin.
Beer contains so many good properties that are already common skincare ingredients.
Turns out, it’s rich in B vitamins such as Riboflavin, Pantothenic Acid, Biotin, and Vitamins B12, B1, and B3…
Plus, loads of minerals like magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus.
And each of these work together to give you a younger looking complexion by:
Cindy Jones, PhD, a cosmetic biochemist, tells Healthline Magazine:
“Malt found in beer exfoliates, stabilizes collagen and elastin, improves microcirculation, and prevents premature aging skin. The yeast found in beer is rich in B vitamins, which help moisturize the skin.” 1
So, if you’ve got any beer lying around, and have some spare time, I really recommend giving this a try…
Victoria’s Beer Face Mask
– Plain yogurt — 1 tablespoon
– Olive oil — 1 tablespoon
– Beer (any type works!) — 1 tablespoon
– 1 egg white
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl until fully mixed.
2. Thoroughly cleanse your face and pat dry.
3. Apply a thin layer of beer mask to your face and leave on for 15-20 minutes.
4. Wash off with warm water and pat dry.
5. Apply your moisturizer of choice.
You can whip together this mask pretty quickly, but the benefits last for days.
The egg white will help your skin feel a little tighter and firmer… and the yogurt boosts hydration for a supple, youthful feel.
I really hope you give this one a try, because I think we could all use a little brightening boost!
1. Krupp A, Wilson, PhD, MSN, RN, IBCLC, AHN-BC, CHT D. Beer as Medicine: Through the Ages, Health Benefits, and More. Healthline. https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/medicinal-beers. Published 2017.